ResLife is divided into three integrated teams, each led by an associate director.
Explore our teams:
Administrative Services Team Organizational Structure - responsible for housing coordination, technology, marketing, assessment, publications, and the central service desk.
Business Operations Team Organizational Structure - responsible for budgeting, finance, and human resources.
Facilities Operations Team Organizational Structure - responsible for minor maintenance, capital planning, and renovations.
- Living/Learning Center and Residential Learning Communities Organizational Structure - responsible for most of the programmed housing in the residence halls.
Residential Education Team Organizational Structure - responsible for addressing all aspects of the student experience within our residence halls and apartments. Every residence hall at UVM has a team of staff members to help your student:
- Resident Advisors (RAs) are undergraduate students who live on each hall, floor, wing, or column. They are upper-class students who have lived in the halls for at least a year and are highly trained listeners, problem-solvers, programmers, community-builders, and referral agents.
- Assistant Residence Directors (ARDs) are full-time graduate students who assist the residence director with the supervision of the RA staff. They serve in absence of the RD and also live in complex with students. ARDs are also available to help students with their transition to college.
- Residence Directors (RDs) are full-time professional staff who hold advanced degrees in higher education. They live and work in a residential complex and supervise RAs and an ARD. The RD’s role is to assist students with questions and concerns or issues he or she might have living in the halls.
- Assistant Directors (ADs) are full-time professional staff members who hold advanced degrees in higher education. They have ultimate responsibility for the supervision of RDs and oversee several residential campus areas. They also manage the training and selection processes for professionals and student staff and are available for questions, issues, or concerns.