Our staff is committed to helping you create an environment that is safe and comfortable, and also provides opportunites for your personal growth. One way we foster this is by creating a mutually agreed-upon list of expectations called community standards. Community standards can help ensure that everyone's campus living experience is fun, at times challenging, but ultimately rewarding.
All students are required to abide by the rules of the University including those outlined in the Housing and Meal Plan Contract Terms & Conditions and the Code of Student Rights and Responsibilities. Student conduct that violates these rules or is otherwise detrimental to the welfare of the residence hall environment will be addressed, and can include suspension or permanent prohibition from living on campus.
The related pages below include important safety tips about living in the halls. Please take a moment to read them.You'll also find more info about living on campus at Moving in and Out and Res Halls 101.
- Alcohol & Drug PolicyFind out more about our alcohol & drug policies
- Fire SafetyInformation about monthly room inspections and tips on fire safety
- Getting Around Ways to get around both on and off campus
- Getting InvolvedExplore ways to get involved at UVM
- GuestsRead our guest policy
- Personal SafetySafety tips for on-campus students
- PhonesHall phones and how to use them
- Posting & Solicitation PoliciesAn explanation of our flyer-posting and solicitation policies
- Quiet HoursDetails on our quiet/courtesy hours
- Smoking PolicyA reminder of UVM's smoking policy