In accordance with your housing and meal plan contract, you are required to check out of and vacate your room 24 hours after your last scheduled exam or by the date indicated in the ResLife Calendar, whichever comes first.
- You can make an online request to stay one extra night to stay past 8:00 p.m. on Friday, but must be out by 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Request a one-night late stay (at no extra charge) at: myResLife
- Graduating seniors and students moving over to summer housing assignments are eligible to stay one extra week, but must request it at myResLife.
- Students who do not have permission to stay late and miss the 8:00 p.m. checkout Friday night will be billed a $50 late-checkout charge.
- Students registered for a one-night late stay who don’t move out by 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning will be billed a $50 late-checkout charge.
Mailing Items Home: UVM Print & Mail/Underground Copy offers a convenient pack and ship-home service and will be on-site in specific residence halls during the week of closing. For more information: call 656-5886 or https://www.uvm.edu/~pmc/.
- Dispose of usable items (unopened food, clothing, etc.) in specially marked boxes in the lobby. These items are picked up by our recycling crew and donated to local charities.
- Deposit all glass, aluminum, and tin in appropriate recycling containers on your floor.
- Use the Techno Trash bins near your complex desk for any unwanted electronic items.
- Haul unwanted furniture or other items to the Take it or Leave It area outside your complex.
No On-Campus Summer Storage: The University does not offer summer storage. Please make arrangements early with a local storage facility.
Bicycles: All bikes will be removed from bike racks and storage rooms the week after Commencement, and donated to charity. Please take your bikes home with you!
Bringing a Car Back to Campus: If you would like to bring your car to campus to help you with moving home, contact Transportation & Parking Services.
Mail Forwarding: During the summer, your first-class mail and magazines will be forwarded to your permanent address. If you would like your summer mail to go elsewhere, be sure to update your address on-line by hall closing. Click on the "personal information" link within myUVM.
Prepare Your Room for Checkout: Before you leave, we strongly recommend you have your RA look at your room to help identify any possible problem areas. RAs do not have the final say on what you may or may not be billed for, but they can be very helpful in pointing out any big problems. After closing, professional staff will make final billing determinations during room inspections. Billing charges will be based on any changes to the room’s condition from the time you moved in.
- Assigned damage charges will be billed to your student account in mid-June. Assigned damage charges CAN be appealed. We will notify you via email of any assigned damage charges with instructions on how to appeal them.
- Other possible charges to your account include key, equipment, or late/improper-checkout charges.
Final Checklist: You are responsible for leaving your room in good condition. Visit your main desk for available cleaning supplies. A checklist containing specified items to address before checking out will be posted on your door.
OPTION #1: Stop by your complex main desk to check out and return your key(s). Do not turn in your UVM ID.
OPTION #2: If the desk is closed, please use express checkout. Complete the outside of the envelope, drop your key inside, and deposit in the designated location. Express checkout envelopes are available outside your complex main desk.
Key Return: Due to the quick turnaround time for many of our halls, all keys must be turned in when you check out. Your student account will be billed for any unreturned keys.Last updated January 6th, 2017